Saturday, March 2, 2013

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake

So.....I was in charge of making a homemade ice cream cake for one of my good friends birthday and this is what I came up with. I personally think its the best ice cream cake I have ever tasted and if you try it I hope you do to. The real secret to an amazing ice cream cake is amazing ice cream. So take that into account whenever you decide to make one:) Enjoy!!!!!!

I saved a little brownie batter to place in the middle layer of the cake. 
The layer I used as the base of my ice cream cake made out of brownie. 

First layer of ice cream.

Reese's Peanut Butter cups sprinkled on top (chopped up)



Middle Layer of Crumbled Brownie and Brownie Batter
 and Chopped  Peanut Butter Cups

Second Layer of Ice Cream 

The topping I used on top
Final Product with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
chopped on top:) 


Ingredients:
1 Package Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
1/2 gallon of Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
1 package of brownie mix (prepared according to directions)
1 bottle of either chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or I used Reese Peanut Butter topping

Directions:
1. Bake 1/2 of the brownie mix according to package directions in two different 9X13 pans for 15-20 minutes (or if you don't have two like i didn't just use an 8X8 and you will have to crumble the second layer instead placing it)
2. Let the ice cream soften and place half of the softened ice cream on top of one of the layers of brownie.
3. Chop up the reeses peanut butter cups and place half of the chopped up pieces on top of the first layer of ice cream.
4. Either Place the 2nd brownie layer on top of the ice cream or crumble it on top. I crumbled it but you can place the second layer. If you use parchment paper then the brownie will come out the pan much easier for the second half. You can also save some of the batter and put some brownie batter with the crumbled brownie. This is what I did.
5. Put the rest of the softened ice cream on top of the second brownie layer.
6. spread either chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or Reese's ice cream topping on top the the ice cream. Then sprinkle reeses peanut butter cups on top.
7. Put tin foil or plastic wrap on top and allow to sit in freezer for at least 24 hours for the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment