Sunday, March 10, 2013

Whole Wheat German Chocolate Brownies

So I have decided that there is just something about chocolate that makes almost everyone happy, and it compliments a wide variety of foods including coconut and caramel. Everyone has their preferences. Some people enjoy only milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark while others love just a small amount of chocolate compared to those who love a lot (chocoholics). I happen to love chocolate! I would not say its my favorite food but I definitely enjoy eating it:) I decided to make a slightly healthier brownie recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have:) Enjoy..................

Coconut Caramel Frosting 



I grated white chocolate savings over my coconut frosting. 

I also melted just a few chocolate chips in the microwave to sprinkle on top. 

Final Product looks amazing! Yum!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups wheat flour (white wheat works well)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Melt the butter and mix the cocoa powder in with the butter.
2. Mix in sugar, milk, and applesauce.
3. Mix in vanilla and eggs and yogurt.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt at the same time.
5. pour into a greased 9X13 pan
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

Frosting:
1 cup coconut
1/2 caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup-1cup powdered sugar (to your like and taste)
1 T milk
I placed coconut frosting on top fresh out of the oven.
I grated white chocolate and then swirled melted chocolate chips on top for decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment