Saturday, February 23, 2013

Girl Scout Cookies Healthy Style

First of all, I totally love girl scouts and I think girl scouts are the cutest so you should always buy their cookies. I used to be one so I fully support their cause :) But I also just happen to LOVE baking so when I realized you could make girl scout cookies I obviously just had to do it. I made them semi-healthy though (I used white wheat flour instead of white flour) but I can't promise they are super healthy. But you will love them anyway and you should definitely try them!!!!!











Cookie Base:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 T. milk

Coconut topping:
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 jar (won't need the whole thing) of caramel topping for ice cream
1 1/2 T milk
1/2 cup - 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions for cookies:
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and milk and mix.
3. Separate dough in two and then flatten into a a think small circle. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour until chilled.
4. Cut out
5. bake for 10-12 minutes (better to under cook then overcook)
6. Stick in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Frost the cookies with chocolate or dip them until one side is coated. Put them face down with the non chocolate part touching a cookie sheet or piece of tin foil you can stick in the freezer. Leave in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the chocolate is hardened and you can turn them over on the chocolate side.

Directions for caramel topping.
1.. Preheat oven to 350
2. spread the coconut on a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or tin foil (poor college students don't usually have parchment paper :) and bake for 10 mins stirring every few minutes to make sure it doesn't burn
3. Pour the coconut into a bowl and pour caramel topping into it until it is sticky and covered but not too runny. You want the coconut to stick together well.
4. Frost the non chocolate side of the cookie with coconut caramel frosting.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate on top.
6. Enjoy (I think they taste better if you leave them in the fridge)

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite girl scout cookies!! I can't wait to try them!! :)

    ReplyDelete