Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Healthy Banana Freezer Waffles

Okay so it seems like every morning I wake up late and end up eating the same things for breakfast. It would be nice every once in a while to have something I could just throw in the toaster or heat up really fast. So, I decided to try my hand at homemade freezer waffles. Since I had ripe bananas, I decided banana freezer waffles were perfect. Now, I created my waffles in a healthier fashion because I wanted them to be no sugar, low fat, and whole grain, but you can replace the ingredients with whatever you would like so don't be afraid to play around a little.... I hope you enjoy them:)





Healthy Style :
2 1/4 cups milk
4 T Honey
3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour (white wheat is what I use)
1 cup ground oats
1 1/2 T cinnamon
4 T baking powder
2 T baking soda

Substitutes/ Additions:
*white flour or half and half with wheat
*brown sugar instead of honey (you can also add extra sugar for a sweeter taste); I don't put very much sweetener because I figure you put syrup on top but do as you please :)
*add two eggs
*1/4 cup canola oil or butter

Directions:
1. Mix all the wet ingredients together.
2. Mix in all the dry ingredients at the same time and stir.
3. Don't over mix
4. Make waffles. (you will need a good amount of cooking spray or they will stick because they have no oil)
5. Allow them to cool on a drying rack or cookie sheet.
6. Freeze in the Freezer on a cookie sheet or some kind of tray for 30 min - 1 hour
7. Place in Freezer bags and put into the freezer.
8. Pop them out and use on any morning, afternoon, or night you please.


No comments:

Post a Comment